Tuesday, October 23, 2007

so, why is that?


I know, many of us have heard the Bible stories retold; we have seen touching videos that remind us about God; and we may have read good inspiring books that discuss the words of the Bible – and all these are good. But if that's all we did to "keep in touch" with God, I think we missed something.

Here are a few questions that may help illustrate my point:

Have you neglected to read the real thing, the original, the living Word of God in favor of another good book? Does it seem easier to read books about the Bible rather than the Bible? Why is that?

Have you stopped getting together with God in intimate conversation? What was the longest time you have spent in prayer? Do you run out of things to say when you pray? Do you get sleepy when you pray? Why is that?

Are you placing less value on corporate worship (i.e. going to church) than you used to? Why is that?

Do you feel ok talking about God with your friends, but feel a little uncomfortable talking about the Lord Jesus Christ with them? Why is that?

Do you think about God as a constant companion? If you do, how often do you consult with him during the day? Do you find it more helpful to talk to a friend about a problem or to bring it before God? Why is that?

Do you know what your friend would want you to do in a particular situation but you struggle to know what God would want you to do? Why is that?

Do you long for the weekend more than you long for God? Why is that?

I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory. Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands. (Psalm 63: 2-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment