Thursday, September 20, 2007

in the midst of war

If you read the front pages of newspapers, it seems that war is all around us. Regardless of how many troops and bombs we hear about in the news, we can't forget that, as Christians, our struggle is not against people but rather against evil spiritual powers.

"We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world." Ephesians 6:12 (Contemporary English Version)

I have a question for you (which I am also dealing with myself)... If you were in the middle of a dramatic spiritual cosmic battle how would you recognize it ? What would an attack look like?
In my immediate surroundings it seems there is no war to deal with.
 
I live in an ordinary house... in a very peaceful neighborhood... I go to a regular 9 to 5 job... and have a great family. There is no light saber that I can strap at my side, or Jedi master to impart wisdom, and there are definitely no imperial forces surrounding my city.
 
... how do you see (or experience) the spiritual battle mentioned in Ephesians ?

No comments:

Post a Comment