Saturday, March 29, 2008

Prayer

Lord God, in your great mercy, you decided to reveal part of who you are through the written words of the Scriptures. Through the scriptures we have learned of your great power to create the universe and everything in it. You are sovereign over all, and there is no one like you. Your word has shown us how different your ways are from our ways. We’ve observed how your hand guides the nations to accomplish your plan. Lord, we know there are no dark places that can hide us from you gaze. Our words are known to you before we even speak them; and our actions are not a surprise to you. You, Lord are holy and righteous. Your justice is perfect and your grace is sufficient. Your love is overwhelming. You are the only eternal, true, and living God.

Lord, how awesome it is that you have extended your hand to us so that we may get to know you in a personal way, and experience you in an intimate relationship. Through the death and resurrection of Jesus, your son, you have granted us permission to be called children of God.

Father, how can we even begin to thank you for the privilege of standing in your presence? Should we fall silent to the floor in awe? Or should we shout with joy? Should we lift our hands to you with singing, or dance before you like King David? Lord, we know it is right to worship you in spirit and in truth, so regardless of our outward response, please soften our hearts so that we may completely surrender ourselves to you.
Take my life, and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days; let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold; not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine; it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own; it shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love, my Lord, I pour at Thy feet its treasure store.
Take myself, and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.
Look deep into our hearts, God, and know our thoughts. Please don't let us follow evil ways, but lead us in your way. Our desire is to trust you regardless of the circumstances we’re in and to obey you in all things.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful prayer and song! Appropriate following a time of silence and renewal. The photograph speaks of walking and following. Glad to hear you didn't fall off the face of the earth! Hope your Easter was blessed.

    ReplyDelete